Big Golf Buddy

Big Golf Buddy will be finding and sourcing all things golf for all golfers across the globe. Tips, Drills, Articles, Product recommendations and a lot more.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sergio's up for the Cup..... Or should I say Jug

Can Sergio Garcia finally get the major his golfing skills so clearly deserve. He has every shot in the book and can play shots even Seve would be proud of.

Success so young has made a victim of Sergio Garcia. He has achieved more in seven years as a professional than many a player old enough to be his father, but it doesn’t satisfy those who demand a major title from him.


He has seen and done such a lot in a colourful, charismatic career that they forget he has time on his side. At 26, the Spaniard is 17 years younger than Colin Montgomerie, 11 younger than Darren Clarke, and nine younger than Padraig Harrington, three of the biggest names who have failed during Europe’s seven-year stretch without a major.

Even alongside the likes of David Howell and Luke Donald, emerging stars for whom the future is supposed to be bright, he has the look of a kid brother.

And yet, the world No 9, who has played in three Ryder Cups, is accused of not fulfilling his potential.

“I get the feeling some people think my career hasn’t been that great, but I am 26 years old, and I have won nearly 20 events worldwide. That’s pretty good. And I’m sure if you gave that to a lot of the guys, they would be happy with it. People keep asking me what I’m capable of, but they don’t have to.

I ask myself the same thing. I know I can achieve a lot more, which is why I work hard at it. I feel like I am good enough to win a lot more tournaments, including majors. But the fact that I can do better doesn’t mean I am unhappy with the way things have gone so far.”

Golf: Sergio’s shot at glory - Sunday Times - Times Online

technorati tags:, , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home