Big Golf Buddy

Big Golf Buddy will be finding and sourcing all things golf for all golfers across the globe. Tips, Drills, Articles, Product recommendations and a lot more.

Monday, July 30, 2007

I Disqualified Myself!!!!

Hi Guys,

Well not a great golfing weekend for me but definately a golfing lesson learned.

This past weekend I was playing in the Armada Deutsche Bank Pro Am here in Poland and had managed to make the cut for the final round.

I was one of the early starters on Day 2 and was teeing off on the tenth. After bogeying my first hole I then pulled my tee shot on my second hole into rough.

My ball was sitting down and I could only see that it was a Titleist 1, so I turned my ball to identify that it had a green R marked on it.

I then took my second shot which I could only move forward about thirty yards and again in thick rough.

My playing partner found the ball and yes it was a Titleist 1, but this time I did not check and played my next shot up onto the green about ten feet from the cup.

When I got up onto the green I marked my ball and put it in my pocket, my playing partner holed out and I reset my ball back on the green using the Titleist logo to line up.

From there I holed the putt and put the ball in my pocket. It was not until I got on the next tee that I realised that the ball I finished with was not my own. It was my mistake which of course was too late.

I played on for the next three holes until we could find a marshall. I explained that I thought I should be disqualified and he confirmed this.

Not one of my best golfing days but a serious lesson learned.

All the Best

Richard

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home